Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It Won't Be Like This for Long........

I don't know how many of you have heard of the song by Darius Rucker that is the title to this post. It came out during the last few months of my pregnancy and it kinda became the theme song for Khloe. Khloe is going to be 4 weeks old on Saturday and last night as I was rocking her to sleep I had some time to reflect on the past month. I firmly believe that God has given me an angel. I think back on life before she came and wonder why I was even happy before. I didn't even know what was missing from my life until the second I saw her. While there have definitely been some trying times; I cannot even express how much I love her and love being a mother. I feel like it is what I was meant to do. I want her to stay this way forever. I don't want my baby to ever grow up. I could just sit here and cry thinking about her getting older and someday leaving me. While I don't want her to get another second older - I am so excited for what is to come down the road. Hearing her talk, watching her smile, and holding her little hand. I can truly look back and labor and actually having her was the most life changing experience ever. If nothing else, I just want her to always be happy and healthy. God has blessed Nate and I with the best gift ever imaginable. We just are so grateful that she is healthy and thriving. Sleepless nights and nightime feeding don't bother me at all. I just sit up and look into the eyes of my beautiful daughter and think that I am the luckiest girl in the world. I have a little angel that I get to be with every single day. I would watch my friends with their kids and see the intense love and pride they have and I understand that now. How did I get so lucky to have gotten such a wonderful gift. Anyways, I know to some reading this it might be a little boring, but I needed to get this out. Nate and I are writing letters to Khloe to put in her baby book. We are hoping to give it to her when she turns 18. Nothing real dramatic and embarrassing, just our thoughts, hopes, and dreams for her. We wanted to do this while it was still fresh in our minds. With Mother's day approaching I would just like to wish that every mom have the best day ever. I am looking forward to spending the entire day remembering how lucky I am. Every day with her is a blessing.
Here is little Miss Thing in another one of her tu tu's. She is all about the fufu and bling...I think at least....Mommy is of course.
Here is Mommy and Khloe during her manicures. Mommy is terrified to cut her nails so we file them once a week. It is our little spa time together. Mommy can't wait until we can start painting her nails.




No comments: