Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Khloe is finally here !!

Well let see how it all started....we had our dr. apt on Thursday and my blood pressure was a little high. They sent me over to the hospital to be monitored and then sent me home with an appointment for the next day. We went to the apt. the next day and they said that there was no change and scheduled an induction for Wednesday the 8th. Drove all the way back home and sat down to watch my favorite soap operas from the day and felt something.....my water had broke. They just told me that Khloe wasn't anywhere close to being ready to come....yeah right! Started the drive back over and started having contractions 6 minutes apart. Got to the hospital and was admited but they didn't think that my water had broken. Found out it was a high water break and that my bag of water had not broken yet. Made it to my epidural (which had to be given to me twice) and I was in Heaven. Eating popsicles and kidding around and laughing with everyone. Suddenly they said it was go time and that I could start pushing if I wanted to. I closed my eyes and pushed for 15 minutes and my little angel arrived. I was shocked at myself for not pushing very long at all. Dr. fixed me all up and I got to hear everyone's response to seeing her for the first time. It was the most awesome thing that I have ever experienced. I looked up and saw Nate hugging his mom and sobbing tears of joy. I just took it all in....what I could becuase of the epidural. Seeing Nate and how proud he was was one of the best parts of my labor.

Here is Mommy and Daddy shortly after Khloe's arrival. We finally got to our post-partum room around 5:30 a.m. and they brought her in to lay with us a little. This was one of the most precious moments of our entire life. You can really see how much that Khloe looks like Daddy.

Here is Khloe shortly after her arrival. She looks like Daddy when she is sleeping and Mommy when she has her big, beautiful eyes open. She has the longest eyelashes that we have ever seen on a little baby. She is just beautiful.

Mommy and Daddy holding Khloe after her picture was taken.....she is so adorable!!!! She looks like the Chakita Banana lady






1 comment:

Kelly said...

I loved reading the whole story. Everything worked out perfectly! I am so happy for your family. Can't wait to talk to you in person!!!!